GAM LIMITED (“GAM” "we", “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Last Update Effective Date 25/07/2017
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site gam.com (Our Site). This includes Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Financial Information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password, date of birth and Preferences Information such as favourites lists, transaction history, marketing preferences. If you chose to list your company with us, we may ask for Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type and personal information such as a professional profile.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
We may also use your data, and/or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we and/or they may contact you about these. If you are an existing customer/member, we will only contact you by electronic means (fax, email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will not otherwise contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this. If you are a new customer/member, we and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or refer to additional instructions in the “Access and Choice” portion of this policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- If GAM LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you have made an investment or applied to invest in a company via www.GAM.com, your personal information may be disclosed to the company (or the company's professional representatives) that you have invested or applied to invest in. If you request a business plan or contact a business or entrepreneur via a pitch page your contact details may also be shared with that business or entrepreneur.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, processing payments, offering customer services or to improve our business operations. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or request it be deleted by making the changes in your member account settings page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, which in some cases involving the collection and processing of financial data may require a retention period of 7 years.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Similarly, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time.
COOKIES and Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by GAM Limited and our partners, including marketing partners affiliates, or analytics service providers and business process service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Additionally, we use an ad-publishing service to display 3rd party ads on this site. When you view or click on an ad a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting the above tracking preference managers.
Local Storage Objects (Flash/HTML5): Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
HOW WE STORE, PROCESS AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Blog / Discussions
Our Web site offers a publicly accessible blog and community discussions. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community discussions, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. GAM store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will list you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you wish to request removal of your information or the deletion of an unauthorized profile from our directory, you can contact us at email@example.com.
The profile you create on our site will be publicaly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Social Media Widgets
You can log in to our site using the sign-in service such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like LinkedIn, Facebook and Google may give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
The Innovation Centre
University of Exeter
Office Opening Times:
Mon to Fri - 0900 to 1700
Saturday - CLOSED
Sunday - CLOSED
Tel. 01392 241319